Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Total Recall

I would not know if you have ever had the experience, but a thing I have found in life is that it, in its infinite wisdom, tends to provide you with, on occasions more than a few, just the tools you require to worsen an already unpleasant situation.
It is on occasions such as these that occur moments which, as you jog along the road defining your existence, you recognize immediately with the naked eye as high spots. Something tells you that they are going to remain etched, if etched is the word I want, for ever on the memory and will come back to you at intervals down the years, as you are dropping off to sleep, banishing that drowsy feeling and causing you to leap off the bed like a convulsed electric eel on losing all semblance self-control.

Accumulate enough of these moments, and you can hardly ever get to sleep.
And then you're just left in the unenviable position of being awake at two in the morning, knowing not what to do, and passing the time by scribbling nonsense on your now all but obsolete blog.

May God bless this now all but obsolete blog. It may not be much, but at two on this particularly lonely morning, it serves my purpose beautifully.

6 Comments:

Blogger Phoenix said...

Life happens. It gives plenty else too. Deal with it. I'm sure you can. Or just sleep.

6:01 pm, March 14, 2008  
Blogger mridu said...

rather strange how u r pretty much open with your feelings on a blog! i just somehow go n express them to all the wrong people.
at least u get random sympathizers who can connect with your angst!

and don't u worry. am sure you'll manage pretty well.

9:08 pm, March 16, 2008  
Blogger mridu said...

and d fact that i am writing these comments at 3 am is testimony to the fact that you are not the only one gets bouts of pointless insomnia.

9:31 pm, March 16, 2008  
Blogger AP said...

Is this a happy post by any chance?

-Anjul

6:51 am, March 17, 2008  
Blogger swadha said...

Aint you rather comfortable now with incessant insomnia and finding respite in you blog,seeing that you seem to have done it for quite a few years now??

Also, what exactly do you mean when you refer to your blog as "now all but obsolete blog"???...

7:33 pm, March 17, 2008  
Blogger Manu Saxena said...

Phoenix, I can. Deal with it, that is.
Doesn't mean I can't whine about it while I do.

Mridu, I don't do this for the random sympathizers who can connect with my angst. I do this for I have nothing better to do.
That, and to whine.

Anjul, in a strange and twisted way, it is.

Swadha, I am. Comfortable with it, that is.
Refer to my reply to Phoenix.
And as far as the blog being 'now all but obsolete', I'll go into that some other day. It is a thrilling tale. I wish to do it justice.

10:16 pm, March 18, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home