Sunday, February 12, 2006

Mind The Gap

As tolerant as one might pride oneself to be, there come times when others' actions (or alternatively, inactions) chafe not a little. Irritability and exasperation at others, at times, take a hold on the best of us. Reading fairly long-sized posts with titles such as 'Revival', expecting great things to follow, and discovering that the blogger in question is not delivering, and is choosing instead to confound readers with apparently profound one-liners, does not, usually, go down well with the audience. It tends to leave many readers with the slightly odd sensation of being slapped in the face with a wet fish, and though it might not be at the very top of the aggravation-inducing-acts spectrum, like say, murdering a close relative, it does manage to come perilously close.

Therefore, I feel it compulsory to begin this post with an apology. My plan, evidently, never really took off. I failed quite miserably in achieving the modest goals I had set myself with respect to this blog. I never quite got around to fulfilling the objective of restoring this blog's continuity. I would, at this point of time, like to bring to everybody's notice that the reason I have thus failed to deliver is not, as many of you would undoubtedly believe, a lack of time, creativity, or motivation. Indeed, I have, over the past fortnight, written much more than I usually do. During this period, I have been successful in amassing a fairly large body of written material on a variety of subjects. However, most of this material remains unpublished on this blog because of the simple reason that I had, on a previous occasion, taken upon myself the responsibility of restoring this blog's continuity first, and only then proceeding to move on to the present or the near future. Recent events, however, and I am sure you will be glad to know this, have compelled me to abandon my plans.

This does not, however, in any way, mean that I no longer consider continuity to be one of the most fundamental aspects of a blog; a diktat to be adhered to assiduously at all points of time. What it merely means is this: Practicality and reality have finally caught up with me, and have forced me to, for the time being, shelve my idealistic aims, and move on with life, such as it is. I have, in short, decided that the moment seems to have finally arrived. The time is right, it seems, for killing the past, and coming back to life. One stage of my journey is over, but another has just begun.

Manu. Yes. That is what they used to call me. Manu Saxena. That was my name. I am Manu Saxena. And I come back to you now, at the turn of the tide.

6 Comments:

Blogger Rishi said...

Part 2, eh?

9:22 pm, February 12, 2006  
Blogger Kaala Kavva said...

Mannnu,
i must try to give you a suggestion.
okay. Stop trying to reassure you'll write.
Just start, simple.

I feel 'Whose Life ?' has become ''Whole Life's Life ?'
(nested quotes hai bachhe!)

1:09 am, February 13, 2006  
Blogger Kaala Kavva said...

whose*

1:09 am, February 13, 2006  
Blogger Kaala Kavva said...

@matt
oyeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Exaggeratorr nahi!!!!!!!!

Ze Exaggeratorr!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

mind your keyboard!

12:32 pm, February 13, 2006  
Blogger Phoenix said...

Nice post, and I hope ur effort to key in such a verbose re-revival would motivate u enough to go on for some more.

12:32 pm, February 13, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

aahh !!
now i know whats 'literary dyspepsia'.

4:22 pm, February 13, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home