Saturday, January 15, 2005

Sucker Love

Today (actually yesterday) was the 2nd day of a 3 day-long weekend. However, instead of enjoying life, and celebrating the fact that Makar Sankranti turned out to be on a Friday, I was entertaining myself by marching up and down a football field.
All NCC cadets are supposed to put up a parade on the 26th of January, and preparations for the parade are in full flow. Some weirdo from the Indian Army had come over to supervise our parade today, and the guy went completely berserk on seeing us (Don't really blame him. We Suck.). He got us all to run 5 or 6 rounds of the field instead of the usual 2, to warm up. And then he punished us for small things like not looking ahead while marching, and not shouting (which he, for some reason, pronounced as 'shooting') loudly while giving and taking orders. His punishments were also much tougher than the usual punishments that are given to us. At one particular point of time he told all of us to do something which he referred to as 'Maindhak-Chaal' (Frog-Walk)

For the interested, here is how you do the 'Maindhak-Chaal' (Frog-Walk, for those who weren't paying attention). You place your hands on your waist, and bend on your knees, so that your butt rests on your heel. Once that has been achieved, you press your toes hard against the ground, so as to produce an upward motion, and the calf muscles get tensed. Then using these contracted calf muscles, you jump, and at the same time move forward. It is something like a duck-walk, but atleast three times more physically taxing, because you don't have to walk. You have to jump. Once you know the procedure for one jumping motion, repeat this entire process across two lengths of a football field, in strict time to drum-beats, and you have a rough idea of what I went through today. I say rough because I still haven't mentioned the push-ups and the hand-stands. And the fact that like a fool that I am, I went to play cricket in the evening, followed by badminton. It was good I took the car along to the badminton courts, because I am quite sure I wouldn't have been able to walk back.

But enought about NCC. I have already devoted an entire post to NCC earlier, and I don't feel much like writing about NCC right now. What I actually wanted to write about in this post is that I have been having very weird dreams/nightmares lately. I had one two nights ago, in which me and a few of my friends were, for some weird reason, trying to kill each other using guns, and we were doing all this, for some weirder reason, inside the CSC (Computer Services Centre, for all the non-IITans). It ended rather abruptly, when I was shot down by Mayank Gupta, one of my very good friends. Then there was another one in which I was sitting in a movie hall watching TV (Yes, TV!!) on the huge screen, and the remote control was, again, for some weird reason, with me, and I made everybody else in the hall watch Teletubbies. And I am also having the recurring Airport-Dream again. But seeing that this entry is already longer that I intended it to be, I'll save the Airport-Dream for some other post.

As far as movies go, I saw, in the last two days, The Godfather, parts of The Godfather Part II, and the first half of Mohabbatein. Mohabbatein, I thought, was a crappy film. Both the Godfathers were nice, although I believe the first one was much better. I also believe that most would agree with me on that. If you don't, I would like to remind you that this is my blog, not yours, so, go to hell.
Before I leave you, a few lines from a very good, and in my case, a very relevant song.

Like the naked leads the blind,
I know I'm selfish, I'm unkind.
Sucker love I always find,
Someone to bruise and leave behind.

Goodnight.

4 Comments:

Blogger Tipsy Topsy said...

Tried the frog walk. Amusing. But two lengths of a football field..OUCH OUCH OUCH!!

7:52 am, January 16, 2005  
Blogger Akhil said...

I was given a round of frog-walk as a punishment for bunking classes to watch an inter-school cricket match.

helluva work, that.

11:37 am, January 16, 2005  
Blogger Unknown said...

palash here.OK,u've been thru 12th so hopefully u'll know----what the hell happens if someone fails a pre-board?cuz i'm definitely flunkin chem,and much as i hate leaving DPS,i reaaly dont plan on staying a yr more.Tell me they'll let me sit for the boards!!

5:49 pm, January 17, 2005  
Blogger Manu Saxena said...

They'll let you sit for the boards.

5:25 am, January 18, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home