Monday, January 03, 2005

Again!!

Yesterday was the last day of my winter holidays. And what did I do on the last day of the winter break? To that my answer would be, "I went and watched Veer-Zaara. Again." I had no idea how I was going to spend the last day of the holidays until about 10:00 in the morning yesterday. Then, I asked myself, "What is it that I most enjoyed doing during these chhuttis?", and the answer became clear. It was then that I decided to go watch a movie. And since there was no good new movie on, and I really wanted to see Veer-Zaara again, that was precisely what I did.

This was the second time I saw the movie. And the second time I liked it. If possible I liked it even better than I did the first time. And this time, I came closer to crying at the end. Didn't make it though.

The obvious conclusion that can be drawn from the preceding paragraph is that I like movies that make me feel sad. It is a very disturbing conclusion, and it might lead many to think that there is something wrong with me. But disturbing or not, I think it is more or less accurate. I have always liked sad movies. It takes a lot to make me feel sad, but movies that manage to make me feel so, do tend to impress me. However, the fact that Veer-Zaara made me feel sad and thoughtful is not the only reason I liked it. All those who have read my earlier blog entry on the same movie (
About a movie, dated November 22, 2004) will agree that the movie did profoundly affect me. I think I now better understand the reasons why I liked the movie so much, and why it has affected me so profoundly. They will not, however, find a mention here. My reasons are my own, and I do not see why I should put them down here.

Although I have mentioned this before, what I would like to say again is that Preity Zinta is looking very nice in the movie. She has never looked this good, in any of the movies she has done so far. I could watch the movie again and again, atleast half a dozen times more, just to see her. The other thing in the movie that appeals to me is the purity. The feelings portrayed by the two characters in the film are pure and unchanging. I happen to be a hopeless romantic at heart, and the fact that such true love does not really exist in the real world saddens me. It is why I could watch the movie again and again. To see all that love should be, and all that it isn't actually in the real world.

It's a BAD BAD world. And just for that, it isn't going to get a post from me the whole of next week. Not that it is going to make much of a difference to the thousands out there, but it is definitely going to make one to me.

I know I sound weird, but I just happen to be in a weird mood right now. Hopefully I'll get over it soon. I have a week. Then I'll be back. Back with entries that are funny and light, and are appreciated by all. Back with fresh and unusual blog posts. Again.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home