Saturday, December 25, 2004

What in the world is happening?

The number of people viewing my blog has been dismally low this past week. I don't know what is wrong. All I know is that it does not make me feel happy.
I started monitoring my daily blog hits on the 5th of December, which was about 3 weeks back. In the beginning, everything was pretty cool. I got an average of about 70-80 hits for the first five days, and the hits actually went above 100 on one of these days. From the sixth day onwards, I started getting more than 100 hits each day with amazing regularity and consistency. The numbers were growing each day, and my blog saw an overwhelming 167 viewers on the 15th of December, the maximum till date. The week around the 15th saw an average of about 150 visitors to my blog a day. But then came the downfall.
On the 19th of December, the hits came down, for the first time in 11 days, to below 100. I was saddened, but managed to persuade myself that it was just a temporary deviation from regularity. But the next day resulted in less than 100 hits as well. And slowly my worst fears were confirmed.
The number of hits on my blog has now gone above 100 only once in the last week. And yesterday, for the first time in the history of my blog, the hits count did not go above 50 (It was exactly 50).
I am devastated. I think I have a fair idea as to what seems to have changed in the past week, but I would not like that to be the reason for my decreased blog hits, because the unfortunate incident, which I think is the cause of all this, was brought up only once on this blog, and it is not what this blog is all about. The incident in question had generated a lot of public hysteria and frenzy. The internet was, for a brief period of time, abuzz with excitement about the incident, which resulted in people visiting sites with even the remotest associations with the incident in question. But public memory is short, and the incident is showing signs of slowly fading away from people's minds, and dying a natural death. My blog seems to be one of the first casualties. But as I said, that incident is not what my blog is all about. To be very frank, I don't miss the people who came here to find something related to that particular incident on this blog. It is just the declining numbers that worry me.
So read up, people. I have a reputation to maintain.
And a Merry Christmas to all.

4 Comments:

Blogger Manu Saxena said...

And the downhill trend continues. A mere 44 hits on 25th December, 2004.

6:40 pm, December 25, 2004  
Blogger Ravi Handa said...

no. of hits on my blog always go down on weekends.. is it the same for u?

5:09 am, December 26, 2004  
Blogger Lone Ranger said...

One out of every three people in the world is a Christian. It's the Christmas season. They probably have other things to do.

3:04 pm, December 26, 2004  
Blogger Manu Saxena said...

Thanks people, for trying to make me feel better. I appreciate it.

7:23 pm, December 26, 2004  

Post a Comment

<< Home