Friday, December 31, 2004

What will they think of next?

I went for a picnic yesterday, with a few of my friends. A PICNIC, of all things. My afore-mentioned friends came up with this very strange idea of going for one, since it was nice weather. They thought it would be fun. I could think of atleast a dozen other ways to have fun in nice weather, but I somehow managed to get myself convinced by them that it would indeed be an interesting experience. So we went to this weird place called the 'Garden of Five Senses' in Saket.

Now, this 'Garden of Five Senses' happens to be a very strange place. They don't allow bats and balls inside the garden, so our plans of playing cricket or football were dashed at the entry itself. I did manage to smuggle in a Frisbee, but my stupid friends were never taught how to throw a Frisbee properly, and one of them, in a desperate effort to make the thing glide, threw it with such force that it crashed noisily against a tree-trunk and broke. I would not have been unduly worried about the incident under normal circumstances, but the Frisbee was my sister's, and she wasn't very happy when I handed her the pieces and said "Thank You." It appears that the Frisbee was given to her by a teacher, and hence had a lot of sentimental importance. Well, sentimental importance or not, there's not much that can be done about it now. I thought of gluing it together, but it is in about a thousand pieces (I'm not exaggerating), none any bigger than a square millimeter.

But the highlight of the day was a quote by Mr. Aseem Brahma. When presented with a birthday cake which he was supposed to cut (his birthday is on the 6th of January), he contentedly purred, "Oooh!!! That is sooo sweeeeet!!!" All of us who thought we knew Aseem well were highly surprised by this, because frankly speaking, this just isn't his style. Shouldn't be anybody's, if you ask me.

I went and saw Alexander today. I thought it was a pretty good movie. It's a grand movie, with visual magnificence that can only be experienced properly at a cinema hall. The fight scenes were very impressive. It is a well made movie. They have distorted the historical facts a bit, but it is definitely worth a watch. What I would like to say is that if you do decide to see the movie, visit a theatre. Don't try to see this movie on a small screen, because I am quite sure you won't enjoy it as much as you will on a large screen.
I wanted to write something about the year that is now on the verge on ending, but I guess that will have to wait until tomorrow, because I am in a hurry right now.
Till then, a Very Happy and Prosperous New Year to all.

4 Comments:

Blogger Tipsy Topsy said...

Saw dil maange more...worth a watch. Will catch up with Alexander. Priya has it on in morning. Are the tickets discounted?

5:22 pm, January 01, 2005  
Blogger Manu Saxena said...

No, I don't think so.

4:18 am, January 03, 2005  
Blogger pree2cool said...

there are limits to sarcasm...if u didn't want to, u needn't hv come for the picnic at all..like you usually would, u could've just said no..
and about aseem, nothing wrong in saying "...so sweet!" atleast he appreciated it...i wonder what you would've done??? simply eaten the cake and made merry, and said thank you just coz you would've HAD to...jeez, manu...

1:05 pm, January 10, 2005  
Blogger Manu Saxena said...

Preeti, you seem to have read this particular post and reacted in one of your favorite ways.
By taking what I have written too seriously.
When will you learn not to do that??

7:54 am, January 11, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home