Monday, July 11, 2005

Guess who's back?

If you guessed Manu, you were correct. You can pat yourself on the back, and commend yourself on a job well done. If you didn't guess Manu, you might as well just go away, because there is not much chance of you understanding most of the rest of this entry.

Moving right on, I would like to, firstly, make clear the reasons that kept me away from blogging for such a long time. Although I do realize that I do not owe anybody any explanations, it will make me feel better if I can justify my longish absence. The reasons are complex and varied, and might seem, at first, especially to the shallow-minded and superficial, to be slightly capricious. But they are not. They are extremely valid reasons.

At first, I didn't feel much like writing. This phase lasted about a week. And during this phase, I, well, didn't feel much like writing. Then, and this is where it gets really interesting, so follow me closely, I fell ill. And it was no ordinary illness. It was a fever, but not quite, for it was also a stomach problem.

Now, the thing is, I don't usually let illness affect me much. But as I said, this was no ordinary illness. A fever I can handle without much difficulty, and I have been known to show much courage and bravery when confronted with stomach problems, but ask me to handle the two simultaneously, and I would be compelled to refuse the generous offer. They just don't go well together, fevers and stomach problems, if you ask me. They, together, possess the potential to get in the way of your daily routine. And activities such as blogging quite lose their charm and significance when you are too busy alternating between visiting the lavatory and having thermometers stuck into your mouth.

After that, once I got over my illness, about a couple of days back, I was waiting for the comments counter on the previous post to come up to 42, for reasons entirely my own.

Well, the pleasant news is, I am all good and cured now, and the previous post has received the 42 comments it was destined to receive. I am also eagerly looking forward to regularly blogging again, and I have lotsa stuff to write about. So watch this space. Carefully.

6 Comments:

Blogger Saurabh Chandan said...

probably the longest since u blogged rite? stomach problems & fever do not go well together. the former is however the reason for the latter.check out dus ka review i wrote...and yes...welcome back.

4:17 am, July 12, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

at long last .

i was about to post another gem , but i suppose the world must be deprived of my poetic pearls of wisdom . ah , well , such is life.

nice entry.

5:15 am, July 12, 2005  
Blogger The Reader said...

Good to have you back.

7:14 am, July 12, 2005  
Blogger Manu Saxena said...

SC, will do.

Anya, I view myself as having done a great service to mankind. And thanks.

Aidoneus, thanks. It's good to see you commenting again.

6:50 pm, July 12, 2005  
Blogger Unknown said...

Manu, contact me ASAP.

6:00 am, July 13, 2005  
Blogger Kaala Kavva said...

cool!
i had stomach problem + fever last week too...

7:19 pm, July 14, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home