Monday, June 06, 2005

Wait For Sleep

Standing by the window,
Eyes upon the moon.
Hoping that the memory will leave her spirit soon.
She shuts the doors and lights.
And lays her body on the bed.
Where images and words are running deep.
She has too much pride to pull the sheets above her head.
So quietly she lays and waits for sleep.

She stares at the ceiling.
And tries not to think.
And pictures the chain.
She's been trying to link again.
But the feeling is gone

And water can't cover her memory,
And ashes can't answer her pain.
God give me the power to take breath from a breeze,
And call life from a cold metal frame.

In with the ashes,
Or up with the smoke from the fire.
With wings up in heaven,
Or here, lying in bed.
Palm of her hand to my head.
Now and forever curled in my heart.
And the heart of the world.

11 Comments:

Blogger Kaala Kavva said...

oye manu

good poyum yaar..
lill' bit rhyme also...
but it seems to be a part of a big story or sumtn coz you never told us how the person died...

and one thing i couldn't understand..

"Now and forever curled in my heart.
And the heart of the world."

heart of the world kaha se aaya ?

anyways.. likho likho

5:47 am, June 07, 2005  
Blogger The Reader said...

Manu Saxena, I think it is high time you started including disclaimers when you post lyrics.
I like the song a lot as well, while I am at it.

6:04 am, June 07, 2005  
Blogger The Reader said...

I meant 'a disclaimer'.
But, I think you should have figured that.

6:05 am, June 07, 2005  
Blogger Kaala Kavva said...

" Manu Saxena, I think it is high time you started including disclaimers when you post lyrics. "

DHOKA! BAHUT BADA DHOKA..

beta manu.. iski sazaa milegi!

Barabbar milegi!

Muahahahahahhaha

6:08 am, June 07, 2005  
Blogger Manu Saxena said...

Disclaimer: The above given lines are lyrics from DT's Wait For Sleep, and are not, in any way whatsoever, my creation.
Any misunderstanding is regretted.

6:34 am, June 07, 2005  
Blogger AP said...

Excellent lyrics.

I love the song myself

7:15 am, June 07, 2005  
Blogger Phoenix said...

nice lyrics, and u r silly mani

10:44 am, June 07, 2005  
Blogger Manu Saxena said...

ENVISAGER, I totally agree with you.
On both counts.

6:50 pm, June 07, 2005  
Blogger Kaala Kavva said...

ty ty
ze compliments are always welkum

7:39 pm, June 07, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Finally Manu, you're posting lyrics to good songs.... keep it up. :)

1:17 am, June 08, 2005  
Blogger Manu Saxena said...

Thank you, Mridul. I will try to.

10:00 am, June 08, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home