Friday, June 10, 2005

It's been a while

Quite a while actually. I'm writing a post (here, by writing, I mean writing something original, on my own, unaided) after almost 2 entire weeks. The two interim posts that appeared on this blog were, although very meaningful and significant entries, not very well received by people other than myself, as I gather from the comments, and more importantly, the hits-counter. It seems that people want me to stick to original prose, and to rescue this blog from a premature death, I think that is precisely what I shall have to do.

There has not been much to write about in the recent past. When I think about the preceding two weeks, the first thing that comes to mind is that I have been unbelievably happy. I have been in a constant state of almost ecstatic euphoria. I have been incredibly excitable, overtly enthusiastic, and pretty much bordering on insane. I have been running and jumping around the house, singing (if one could call it that) as loudly as possible, and have generally been acting excessively buoyant. If you would ask me why I have been so happy, I would tell you that I have not the faintest idea. But elated I have been, and not just normal elated, but abnormal elated. My sister now refuses to talk to me, for she says I have lost my ability to make normal conversation and give straight answers, and though my parents have not actually told me this explicitly, I have a very strong suspicion that they think I am on drugs.

While we are on the subject of parents, I must point out that mine aren't very happy with me. Besides thinking that I am doing drugs, they also seem to not like me being out of the house the entire day, and being in front of the computer the entire night. And that's not all. They also want me to sleep. You'd think that with me just having finished a hectic IIT semester, they'd be a bit more understanding.

Besides that, not a lot has happened since I last wrote. As you have probably gathered from the last paragraph, I have been spending a major part all of my days out of the house. I have been working a bit for Rendezvous-2005, which means that I have to go to IIT once every 5-6 days. I have been meeting up with a lot of friends, many of them after a very long time; as quite a few of them, from school as well as from the Campus (AIIMS Campus, that is) have returned to Delhi after a considerable amount of time. I also saw a few of my IIT friends a few days ago. In short, I am seeing a lot of friends. I am also seeing a lot of movies.

I bought a new desktop computer on the 31st of May, which was, incidentally, also my sister's birthday. Since my old desktop had become very old, and I did not like gaming much on my mother's laptop, which has a small screen and an iffy mouse, I decided to buy a new one. The new desktop has resulted in me taking back to gaming with a vengeance. Presently, all my nights are being spent alternating between Max Payne and Warcraft III, with only a little bit of Spiderman II (The Game) in the middle to break the monotony. According to a recent estimate, I have slept only 53 hours since I bought my new computer. But I see no reason why I should be complaining.

Before I conclude this post, I would like to write a bit about Max Payne. Don't play it. It's frighteningly addictive, and it has great potential as far as turning your life upside down is concerned. I started playing it about two days back, and it has seriously fucked up my mind. I haven't slept a wink since I started playing it, and I have a very strong feeling that my nights will continue to be sleepless stretches of time spent in front of the computer as long as I do not finish the game.

That'll be all for tonight. Hopefully the hits-counter will be a tad better when I look through it tomorrow. Till next time, I would implore all of you to take care.

May you never meet your personal apocalypse.

14 Comments:

Blogger Smita said...

oye hoye!!Mickey's baaaaack!I keep coming to ur blog. so I'm not one of the ditchers....u coming kal?

7:11 pm, June 10, 2005  
Blogger AP said...

Max Payne's addictive for sure, but I realized its so monotonous I could hardly play it after about half of the levels. So I ditched it.
I also played Max Payne 2 recently which I ditched in the first level itself for being equally monotonous.
So much for bullet-time.

PS. The story is nice

7:53 pm, June 10, 2005  
Blogger Tipsy Topsy said...

great to know that there are other young adults who run and jump around the house and sis & I aren't excpetions. The fact that we are elder to you is to be ignored.

Mickey, manu bhaiya..hmmm.

9:34 am, June 11, 2005  
Blogger Manu Saxena said...

Smita, I never thought you'd be one of them. And I won't be able to make it 'kal', as I am sure you would know by now.

Anjul, I, fortunately, haven't reached that stage as yet. Maybe it's because, like I said in the post, I am also into a lot of other stuff besides Max Payne. Like Warcraft III and Spiderman II.

TT, someone once told me something that made (and continues to make) a lot of sense. You are as old as you think you are. Me, I think I am five.
And what's the hmmm... all about?

5:25 pm, June 12, 2005  
Blogger Akanksha said...

Been quite a while.
Anyways, I love those 2 songs there.
I haven't the faintest idea how people (especially who aren't really 5!!)can waste time on something like these computer games.
;)

3:55 am, June 13, 2005  
Blogger Tipsy Topsy said...

The hmmm is in anticipation of more names of Manu Saxena which Smita is going to reveal in future.

7:22 am, June 13, 2005  
Blogger Manu Saxena said...

Akanksha, I am, mentally, five. I really am.
TT, whatever they'll be, I can assure you they will not be worth much anticipation.

8:22 pm, June 14, 2005  
Blogger Manu Saxena said...

Saira, yes. It has been a while.

8:24 pm, June 14, 2005  
Blogger Akanksha said...

"New Post up!!"

10:55 am, June 16, 2005  
Blogger Harsh said...

OOO..manu so u r havin da same trouble wich m havin..only da diff is i keep swapping VB.NET and MAX Payne....usin alt + Tab....!!! m good at studies..but i neva like to show ma parents dat m playin games on da desktop...eventhough they don hav any prob..!!!

10:10 pm, June 18, 2005  
Blogger Saurabh Chandan said...

interesting posts this guy writes....but i wonder .....do interesting things just "keep" happening in their lives or they just have the ability to make it sound interesting.....readable never the less !

7:13 am, June 19, 2005  
Blogger Kaala Kavva said...

oye manu
If i tell u I know the reason for ur elation, what will u give me

1:47 pm, June 19, 2005  
Blogger Manu Saxena said...

Harsh, dude, no offence, but you sound high.
Saurabh, I can't really decide whether to take that as a compliment or not.
Mani, what do you want?

5:33 pm, June 19, 2005  
Blogger Saurabh Chandan said...

mr headboy (03-04)..it was definitely a compliment...
i read ur blog every now and then...but u talk about iit most of the time...and i know nothing about it...! going to med school an all...visit my blog too...it isnt as gud...neither do i write it very often..guess thats only cuz of zero feedback...! keep up the gud work..

6:21 pm, June 19, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home