Saturday, October 08, 2005

In case you were wondering...

I have, recently, through sources entirely my own, become aware of the fact that some of you; occasional visitors to this rather dormant blog; have been, for some time now, puzzled as to my whereabouts over the past few days. "Where has Manu been?", is the buzz in and around the by-lanes of IIT. "How has he been keeping?", is the oft-heard refrain as one strolls around AIIMS. "Is he dead, or is it just his blog?", is what one hears at places frequented by Dipsites past and present.

And since I happen to be a firm believer in the age-old adage, "Unanswered questions are bad.", I return from near-nonexistence to dispel all doubts, and to deliver to the people the answers they so desperately demand.

The objective of this post, therefore, is to let my reader(s) know where exactly I have been.

I have been in deep shit. Deep, deep shit. What's more, I still am.

A friend of mine asked me yesterday why I always wear shoes two sizes too small for me. "My life is in ruins.", I replied, "My parents are convinced that I have finally lost it, and are seriously contemplating disowning me. My friends point at me and laugh. I've been single for over 7 bloody months. I study at IIT. I have completely messed up 5 minors within the last 48 hours, and by evening today, I expect to get that figure up to 6 (as it turned out, I managed to do just that). My life is an unmitigated disaster. I feel miserable all day. The only time I feel good is when I get home and take off my shoes."

10 Comments:

Blogger Kaala Kavva said...

whats wid ur shoes dude ?
whats wid ur shoes ?

9:41 am, October 09, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

thngs will look up...worry not
and if you may not mind me suggesting this, you may think about buying right size shoes...they may make a big difference
ciao

10:08 am, October 10, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Whaaat...are u single!!!

And I didnt even know that...
Oh Jesus! What was I doing wasting time all these months?

;)

1:48 pm, October 10, 2005  
Blogger AP said...

Manu, no matter how long you stay single I strongly warn you against dating smileys, especially those that sign a different name and say whaa...(a million a's)...aat.

So by the shoes you want to keep yourself in pain so that there's room for pleasure when you finally take them off?

Anyway my life's in ruins too, so welcome to the club. And I'm not just saying that. Try changing a deptt to electrical engg. only to realise in your third year first sem you're doing 6 courses, 5 of which happen to be your departmentals and can not necessarily be screwed up just for the heck of it. Next, imagine you screwed all of those 5 (and even the 6th) minors both times. And ya, my floaters happen to be a size bigger and hence about 100 tonnes in weight. They also have a serious problem with crevices, where they get stuck whenever I want them not to.

4:09 pm, October 10, 2005  
Blogger Manu Saxena said...

Anonymous, thank you for your assurance. As far as the shoes are concerned, they shall stay. They're the only thing that see me through the day. If you do plan to comment on this blog in the future, kindly leave your name behind.

:), you were wasting time.

Anjul, I shall take your advice, you're absolutely correct about the shoes, and it's good to know there are other equally desolate people around. Misery, as they say, loves company.

5:23 pm, October 10, 2005  
Blogger The Reader said...

Oye, change the blog name back to caffeniated cogitation, pls. It is slightly tedious to change the blogroll every time. :)

10:23 am, October 11, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Manu- Nishad here, main yaad hoon kya tujhe abhi bhi? bloody good blog man, im at work these days damn 9-5 desk job (8 mein se probably 2 ghante actual kaam) , toh i decided to go thru ur blog, (in chronological order from november onwards) which had been ppointed iout to me by rishi. cant stop laughing and reminiscing dude. my fav post was definitely the one about kakkar, hahaha, i still remmebr that particular day when menk dropped the catch and kakkar became in your words"a universal expression of disgust". btw do u kno where kakkar is now, usse mujhe ayush thakral ki bhi yaad aa gayi, do u remmebr that guy? neways dude keep posting, and take good care!

3:10 pm, October 11, 2005  
Blogger Manu Saxena said...

Aidoneus, the name shall stay. I do, however, realize your problem, and shall try my very best not to change my blog name too frequently in the future.
I apologize for the inconvenience.

Nishad, of course I remember you. It's good to hear from you. I'm glad you liked the blog, and I hope you keep visiting. Thanks a lot for taking the time out to go through all the posts (you obviously have a very dull job). I appreciate it.
I haven't really bothered to keep in touch with most people from class, so I wouldn't be able to tell you the whereabouts of Kakkar or Ayush Thakral. You could, of course, try orkutting them. Do tell me if you find something on them. I would love to know where Kakkar is these days, and I'm too lazy to try and find out on my own.
Keep visiting. It was wonderful seeing you here.

10:34 pm, October 11, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

all right..ill sign off if i comment again!!

7:08 am, October 12, 2005  
Blogger Manu Saxena said...

Radhika, I'd appreciate it.

7:47 am, October 12, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home