Wednesday, December 22, 2004

I'm rich

I got my school security deposit fee back today. A princely sum of Rs. Seven Hundred and Fifty. I'm rich, atleast for the next 2-3 days. That is, if I discount the fact that I had to spend roughly double that amount to extricate the security money from the school authorities in the first place. I had to go to school once to enquire when the cheque will be available, then to submit an application, then again to fill a form, then again to check if the cheque had arrived from DPS, Vasant Vihar, and then once to actually collect the cheque. That's 30 rupees multiplied by two each visit, not to count the money I spent at the school canteen each time.

School was fun today. I met a few teachers, and surprisingly came across a few students from class XII as well. I say surprisingly because today was a holiday for all class XII students. 'Preparatory Leave' would be a more appropriate term, as they have an examination tomorrow. I met Mr. Karan Misra (Uncleji) who was looking worried but calm, as usual. He was busy doing something to his college applications, intermittently pointing out grammatical and pronunciation mistakes that people made within a 5 metre radius. I saw Mr. Bhavya Khanna, who was also involved in college applications. He did, however, take some time off from applications to count and put in order (page number-wise) around 20 photocopies of physics handouts, from the chapter 'Principles of Communication'. Also seen was Mr. Maanick Nangia, who was in school for no apparent reason, unless it was to get his grammatical and pronunciation mistakes pointed out by uncleji, or to constantly remind uncleji of his 'not so good' SAT II scores. But the person I was most surprised to see was Mr. R.R. Aniruddha (Aniruddha, not Anirudh).

For the uninitiated, Mr. R.R.A. was the Head Boy of DPS RK Puram last year, which would make him a batch-mate. He is now at Yale. He is a nice guy, but he always did have an arrogant air about him. He was, undoubtedly, an appropriate successor to Mr. Vidur Mahajan, our head boy last to last year. RRA was the kind of guy who was weird, proud, and just couldn't stop talking about himself (or others, for that matter). And if you thought RRA was annoying, believe me, you'll find RRA with an accent even more so.

After school, I decided to go for a short walk (partly because I was feeling like one, and partly because I didn't have any money for an auto). It came as no surprise to me that I, after wandering aimlessly for about three quarters of an hour, ended up at Reliance Web-World, near Priya. I found a few friends there, and we played Counter-Strike for a couple of hours or so. Then we sat at Barista for a while, before I started thinking of coming back home.

Overall, an excellent day. I only wish DPS RK Puram had given me cash. Then I wouldn't have had to borrow money from a friend to make my way back home.

4 Comments:

Blogger Karan said...

You're getting upgraded.

6:12 pm, December 22, 2004  
Blogger Maanick said...

i was there to get computers tuitions from mr mukesh.

5:39 pm, December 23, 2004  
Blogger Manu Saxena said...

Thanks.

For the Upgradation AND the Clarification.

3:35 pm, December 24, 2004  
Blogger Tipsy Topsy said...

We were forced to donate our security deposits towards the upgradation of our computer lab :|
Though the trips to school to get the money usually ended in six people sharing a HCF at nearby Nirula's!

5:31 pm, December 24, 2004  

Post a Comment

<< Home