Thursday, January 20, 2005

I know not why I hadn't downloaded this song earlier

I finally downloaded 'Bulla Ki Jana' by Rabbi today. Very cool song. I liked it.

The only thing better than the song itself is the video. But being on dial-up, there is no way I am going to be able to download that, unless I am willing to run up a telephone bill of a few thousand. I guess I'll have to get it some other way.

Also, I am happy. Things seem to be finally looking up on the academic front. Today, we discussed Joule's Experiments in Thermodynamics class, and I am happy because this is the first topic I have managed to fully understand so far in this semester. I had been completely unable to understand anything in any course. But that was until today. Now, I understand Joule's experiments. And since I do, I am going to write about them. Why?? Because I can, and that's saying something.

There was this British guy, whose name was J.P. Joule. Now, one day, Joule was stirring his chai. For some weird reason, he was doing so in an insulated container. Insulated container bole to, jisme garmi andar-bahar nahin hone ka (watched Munnabhai MBBS yesterday, good movie). So Joule was stirring his chai. Now, Joule happened to be diabetic (That's a fact.). So why was he stirring his chai, you may ask, since it was definitely not to dissolve the sugar. Good question. He was stirring his chai to cool it down. So imagine his botheration, irritation and frustration when, to his surprise, the chai became hotter instead of cooler.

"Heat is a form of Energy.", he very logically concluded, and started drinking coffee instead.

5 Comments:

Blogger Tipsy Topsy said...

Nothing like the thrill of understanding a concept in class! That's the kick that academics offers. Miss it in my job

4:22 pm, January 20, 2005  
Blogger The Reader said...

Yea for coffee !
As far as getting your hands on that video is concerned, (uhmm, this is the moment you feel stupid and go D'oh !) follow the following algorithm.
1. Buy a CD, a blank one. Moserbaer's are good.
2. Go to the nearest Bus Stop lying on route no. 507.
3. Wait for bus no. 507.
4. Board the bus, ask for a ticket to the hostel gate.
5. Get off at the hostel gate, and well, choose to enter a hostel of your choice. Any hostel would do, as long as people there are not too hostile and are not relatively unknown.
6. Now that you have entered the hostel, look for a friendly person (preferably someone you know) and ask him if he has a CD burner. If not, ask him to take you to a person who has one.
7. Make sure that you make your plea sound as earnest as possible; if possible jeeney marney ka maamle types8. Once you have located the dude with a CD burner, repeat step no. 7 in front of him as well. I am sure he will oblige.
9. Click on an icon that says DC++. I am sure everyone has it installed.
10. Search for the thing(s) you want, burn'em and leave.
12. Run Forrest Run.
13. Enjoy watching the video in the comforts of your home.

So long.

7:04 am, January 21, 2005  
Blogger Manu Saxena said...

D'oh!
Will do so tomorrow. Immediately after NCC.

1:48 pm, January 21, 2005  
Blogger Ménk said...

Hey
The best thing about this blog was that u posted it at a time when ppl are supposed to be awake ( at around 6 in the eve)

5:58 am, January 24, 2005  
Blogger Manu Saxena said...

I don't usually post at that time because that is the time I usually reach home after college and sleep. Guess this post was an exception.

5:29 pm, January 24, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home