Wednesday, October 12, 2005

Arbitaapa - 2

At the very outset, before I move on to other, less important things, I would like to explain the title to this post. I wrote a post titled Arbitaapa about a month back, and since I prefer to name all my posts uniquely, Arbitaapa - 2 had to make do for this one. The title, however, is not read 'Arbitaapa Part Two' or 'Arbitaapa the Second' or even 'Arbitaapa Hyphen Two'. It is read 'Arbitaapa Dwiteeeeya', BigB-style.

I just finished reading a wonderful book called Franny and Zooey, by J.D. Salinger. It is a most delightful book, and a wonderful read. It's not too long, and most of it written in the form of a conversation. It is, as a result, an extremely difficult book to put down midway. In case any of you have an afternoon on your hands, and don't really have much to do in it, I would strongly recommend a read.
Immediately after Franny and Zooey, I started on this book called The Shadows of Sherlock Holmes. It's a collection of detective short-stories, put together by this man called David Stuart Davies. It has a few short stories which I have already read, a few I have merely heard about, and then some more. It seems like a wonderful combination of the well-known and the obscure. I haven't read much of it as yet. I have read, in fact, just a couple of the stories in it. Yet, it seems, already, a very, very interesting book, and I am, presently, eagerly looking forward to picking it up again.

The other subject I wanted to bring up during this post was that of my 100th post. I have been a bit busy over the past few days, and, as a result, forgot all about the 100 post milestone I was about to reach a few days back. I checked my post counter a few minutes ago, and I was surprised to see that not only have I already posted my 100th post, I have posted 15 more since then. This, then, is my 116th post. So happy 116th post to me.

Before leaving for the day, I have a request to make. In case any of you reading this possess the new Coldplay X&Y original Audio CD, or a copy of George Orwell's Animal Farm, kindly get in touch with me ASAP.
Thank You.

You'd better get busy, though, buddy. The goddam sands run out on you every time you turn around. I know what I'm talking about. You're lucky if you get time to sneeze in this goddam phenomenal world.

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have many songs for X&Y but y do u want the original??

5:20 am, October 13, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

happy 116th post
-- and i agree...books with conversational formats are the bomb!! i would reccomend 'only the heart'...nice book!!

8:14 am, October 13, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Manu
Koval here
The person who annoyed the buggerin out of you at Smita's
I am sober now
How art thou???
I have read Franny n Zooey
Its awesome, ain't it???
Now go on n read 9 stories by Salinger
Its better than F&Z.I can lend it to you.if u like
I have the original audio TAPE of X&Y......

9:15 am, October 13, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Franny and Zooey is beautiful:) Now, please, read Seymour-an Introduction, the nicest of all...by far!

(Thanks for the link! Just noticed it)

10:00 am, October 13, 2005  
Blogger AP said...

There's something about Salinger's books that doesn't quite allow the distance from them. I just finished Catcher in the rye and boy was it wonderful.
I've read The Shadows of Sherlock Holmes, and its a nice one too, I must say.

I have X&Y mp3s should you need it. I also have Animal Farm the ebook.

My blogger post counter is a bit lagging somehow, so I can never be sure how many posts I wrote. Doesn't matter anyway, I'd never be able to keep track. Happy 115 posts though. Enjoy.

4:07 pm, October 13, 2005  
Blogger Tipsy Topsy said...

It is difficult to write when your head is stuck in a pig and hence the absence of comments (not of reading, though)

Haven't even read Catcher in the Rye yet, so there is a lot of Salinger to catch up on. Read orwell's 1984 after seeing it featured on Keerthi's blog for a substantial period of time and spotting it at Om Book Shop subsequently.

the Siri Fort conversation was hilarious :)

4:20 pm, October 13, 2005  
Blogger quagmire said...

I have an ebook of Animal Farm, I can mail it to you if you want it. Lend me the short stories after you're done reading them.
And yes Franny and Zooey is a wonderful book( Here I ought to unashamedly take the credit for recommending it to you...)

8:14 pm, October 13, 2005  
Blogger Manu Saxena said...

Mridul, I have most of the songs from the album too. I downloaded them off the net about a week back. I liked the album, so now I want to import all the songs from the original Audio CD. But I'm too poor to actually be able to buy it. Hence, the asking around.

Radhika, thank you.

Koval, good to see you here. When and where from do I pick up your copy of 9 stories?

Keerthi, thanks for visiting. I'll try to get my hands on Seymour - An Introduction. In the meantime, do keep commenting.

Anjul, see if you can, over the next few days, find the time to mail me the Animal Farm e-Book. And Thanks.

TT, that's funny. I'd expect that with one's head stuck in a pig, it'd be much more difficult to read than to write.
Also, the next time I tell you to go stick your head in a pig, you needn't actually do it.
Not for long, in any case.

Rohan, you can take all the credit you want for recommending the book to me and then proceeding to unashamedly sit on your arse and do precisely nothing when I asked you to lend it to me.
B****.

10:19 pm, October 13, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home