Friday, June 30, 2006

Whipped and Devastated

Life, and much else associated with it, seems to take on a slightly greenish tint after four days, and nights, of next to no sleep. Inanimate object seem to possess a mind of their own, and stubbornly refuse to slide into sharp focus. Muscles expand and contract without prior notice, and sudden noises never fail to startle. Individual words seem to make sense, but sentences get lost somewhere in the depths of one's brain. Worst of all, horrifying latent urges become apparent and most difficult to control, and on many occasions, one almost commits oneself to heinous acts such as swiping pearl necklaces and hiding them in flower-pots. Oh, and lest I forget, the imagination boggles.
Therefore, for any of you who inadvertently find themselves in a similar situation, I have advice. Energy-intensive physical activity doesn't quite help the situation.

That said, let the games begin.

As for the title to this post, its irrelevance is merely an illusion, as is the irrelevance of the rest of this post. The title, if popular opinion is to be believed, is what I am going to be in a little more than 24 hours from now. Or so they say.
I would like to disagree, but I can't quite be sure.
For, as I briefly mentioned earlier, I'm no Superman.

13 Comments:

Blogger Manu Saxena said...

Upayan, the time and thought that you spent on my last post is much appreciated. That said, I regret to inform you that most of the inferences that you drew from the post are slightly off the mark.
There are currently many rumours on Orkut, and quite a few of them involve me. I would expect better from you than to believe all of them.

Also, in the future, I would appreciate it if you could refrain from commenting on my personal life on my blog, as I like to keep the two of them as separate as possible.
If you are curious, however, you are more than welcome to just call me. I promise to try my best to satiate your inquisitiveness.
Thank you.

P.S. - I remain, as ever, Manu Saxena. How one chooses to see me is a matter of personal and individual preference.

7:53 pm, July 02, 2006  
Blogger Rishi said...

To each his own.

10:50 pm, July 02, 2006  
Blogger Manu Saxena said...

Quite.

8:35 am, July 03, 2006  
Blogger Phoenix said...

Well, one thing is for sure...
You may be devastated and down and out, but you remain popular, affable, and a favourite with the grapevine!

7:14 am, July 10, 2006  
Blogger Manu Saxena said...

Phoenix, is that so? Really? Popular? Affable? I doubt it very much.
The grapevine bit, though, is to be expected.
How've you been? And when are you planning to leave?

7:29 pm, July 10, 2006  
Blogger Phoenix said...

Yeah, that's right. I thought you were too familiar with my habit of saying whatever I feel like right on the face, even in a class. I'm not lying; you are/were the most eligible bachelor of our year at one point!:P
I'm ok; just bored. Leaving after manyyy days. 20th Aug, tentatively.
How about you?

6:18 am, July 11, 2006  
Blogger Manu Saxena said...

I am, and beginning to get quite used to it.
One clarification, I feel I must make. I still am, in fact, a bachelor. I wonder how the confusion first arose. Whether eligible or not is completely for others to decide.
In any case, I daresay, not too bad for an 'abnormal' person, is it?

Jokes aside, I leave on the 20th of July. Just a few more days to go.
Yeii!

5:13 am, July 12, 2006  
Blogger Rishi said...

To each, his own.

8:47 pm, July 12, 2006  
Blogger Manu Saxena said...

Quite.

5:12 am, July 13, 2006  
Blogger Devesh said...

I have always had a doubt that u were a bit crazy. After reading this , the doubt's got cleared!!.

10:13 pm, July 13, 2006  
Blogger Manu Saxena said...

That's what I'm here for. Clearing up doubts.

5:12 am, July 14, 2006  
Blogger Manu Saxena said...

14th comment, lest ill luck befall me at this crucial juncture in life.

5:14 am, July 14, 2006  
Blogger Phoenix said...

No ill luck for you dear. Only best wishes. At least from me. Counting hours, eh?
Do stay in touch, and do stay the same semi-insane abnormal person(about the bachelor bit, you may or may not stay one, upto you)!

8:59 am, July 17, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home