Wednesday, March 23, 2005

Goody Goody Gumdrops

My minors are finally over. They didn't go too well, barring the first one, but that is a secondary issue. What is important is that they're over, and life, at least for the next three to four weeks will be bright and sunny, more so considering the fact that I have a four day long vacation commencing tomorrow, and Holi is round the corner.

I have a lot of stuff planned out for the next week or so. I have movies to watch, friends to meet, and some work to do. I was thinking of going to school once, since it has been quite some time since I was last there. I also plan to play a lot of Warcraft III, which I started playing in the afternoon today, and I plan to play a lot of cricket, which I haven't played in months. Besides that I have an entire season of The Simpsons lying on my computer, which I got it from Karan about a month back, but still haven't managed to find the time to see.

The only thing that doesn't make me feel good right now is the fact that mom has left for Canada (again). She left on Saturday, and I think she will be back only sometime late next month. I will most definitely miss her, but being an optimist, I prefer to look at the brighter side of the situation. No mom at home means no more constant reminders to clean up my room, and no more long food-centric conversations. Mom not being at home also means that I can stay out late, and generally rush off to all kinds of places on extremely short notice. Papa is much more easy-going about such stuff. He doesn't blow a fuse when I return home after midnight, and he is much easier to distract using sidetracking statements involving ships in glass-cases.

PHL 120 was not the only test I took today. After that, I took this long online test, which told me that I was a Wizard. That basically means that "I have a sharp mind and a cool head. There is no puzzle that I can't solve, and no problem that I can't think my way out of. When you feel confused or uncertain, you can always rely on me to untangle the knots and put everything back in order for you."
Believe it.

14 Comments:

Blogger quagmire said...

Jeez...Youwent and took an online test from a site called HOW TO BE A HERO, the day your minors finished....and for once i had thought the sorting hat had got it all wrong, but i guess it always knows. ;-)

6:02 pm, March 23, 2005  
Blogger Manu Saxena said...

The Sorting Hat never gets it wrong. I am where I belong.

6:28 pm, March 23, 2005  
Blogger The Reader said...

The test was agonisingly long. However, this is what it had for me when it was done.
My Inner Hero - Rogue!

It's a good thing I use my powers for good and not evil, because quite frankly, I could get away with murder. I'm clever, tricky, and charming. I know how to make you laugh with one hand and pick your pocket with the other. Not that I'd ever DO that, of course...

3:46 am, March 24, 2005  
Blogger The Reader said...

Also, while I am at it,

Mu Ha Ha Ha

3:47 am, March 24, 2005  
Blogger Manu Saxena said...

As I said, the Sorting Hat never gets it wrong. We are all where we belong.

4:09 am, March 24, 2005  
Blogger Manu Saxena said...

Muhahahahahaha

4:11 am, March 24, 2005  
Blogger quagmire said...

i think you misunderstood me, i wasnt talking about sorting into wizards, rogues and paladins, but the 'original' sorting of the sorting hat.

p.s i turned out to be a Rogue, but i stil maintain its not something one does on the day your minors get over...but perhaps the next day ;-)

7:06 am, March 24, 2005  
Blogger Tipsy Topsy said...

no mom for over a month?

I tried sending mine away for the weekend but the plan failed. :(

I am JEALOUS.

8:10 am, March 24, 2005  
Blogger Manu Saxena said...

Rohan, I think you misunderstood me. I am also not talking about sorting into Wizards, Rogues and Paladins. I am also talking about the 'original' (as you so fittingly call it) sorting. Try reading my comments again in that context, and you'll see what I am talking about.

TT, keep trying, if that's what you want.

9:44 am, March 24, 2005  
Blogger quagmire said...

hmmmm...touche!

3:09 pm, March 24, 2005  
Blogger Manu Saxena said...

Now do you see what I mean?

7:43 pm, March 24, 2005  
Blogger BongHitsForMe said...

Gotta Love Those Gum Drops. W000 h000!

7:56 pm, March 24, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

holy fuck, you look like a sada hua 30 year old tamatar instead of an 18 year old. what happened to you mate?

1:35 am, March 25, 2005  
Blogger Manu Saxena said...

This is what IIT has done to me.

7:59 pm, March 25, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home