Sunday, March 20, 2005

On turnarounds and Manufacturing Processes

In an unforeseen and extremely surprising development, people here at IITD have started taking a liking to the article that I wrote for Contact-2005 (IITD's annual magazine). After the initial volley of criticism and flak, compliments have started pouring in thick and fast, especially with the Airtel 1 paisa SMS offer on.

I had earlier said on this blog that the article in question was, very possibly, one of the gravesite I have ever written. I still stand by that statement. If anything, this sudden deluge of compliments has only reaffirmed my belief in the fact that the article I talk about is, indeed, the gravesite article I have ever written, for this is IITD, and most people here have very questionable tastes, and if they liked the article, it couldn't have been too good. The people here whose opinion I do value have either accused me of lack of originality (in an amazing coincidence, one of the lines in my article matched exactly with a line in one of Bob Dylan's songs), or have significantly chosen to remain quiet about the article.

I took my first minor test (MEL 120, or Manufacturing Processes) on Saturday, and it went, to my utmost surprise, decently well. Good, even. So exhilarated am I about this fact that I have hardly studied since then, and, considering that my next three minors are scheduled within a span of 24 hours, with the first one starting in just under 5 hours from now, that is not a very good thing.
Something tells me that it's going to be a long 24 hours. People, wish me luck.

P.S. - Blogger's spell-check doesn't think crappiest is a legitimate word. It wants me to use gravesite instead. And who am I to argue with a Dictionary.

11 Comments:

Blogger The Reader said...

As much as I hate to disappoint you, MEL120 or ME 120 as we knew it does not count as a minor ! It's the most fraudy course ever devised.
Nice to know that you have been receiving praise for the article you wrote.

12:57 pm, March 21, 2005  
Blogger inconsequential said...

Not sure gravesite is a good substitute for the word crappiest in ur context...U'r article was the most place used for graves article you've ever written. Hmmm... lol.
or mebbe it is!
And in my opinion you're better of temporarily lowering your standards to that of ur institution n lapping up all the praise...It may not come that often in the real world!

4:05 pm, March 21, 2005  
Blogger The Scribe said...

Wowbagger as long as the textile dep exists there is no other course in any department which is deserving of the term fraudy. Let us not forget that this is a department which is sending TT to do advanced graduate research.

5:43 am, March 22, 2005  
Blogger Manu Saxena said...

As for MEL 120 being the most fraudy course ever devised, I'm not too sure. I thought that label was reserved for CYP 100.
And who is TT?

6:48 am, March 22, 2005  
Blogger The Reader said...

Maddu coming to the defense of ME 120.
Could things get any better?

Manu, TT is Sanchit Tiwari.

7:26 am, March 22, 2005  
Blogger Aseem said...

cyp was definitely quite the fraudy course...
one of my friends who hardly did anything except stare in space and copy his partner's work got an A- while the hardworking partner got a D.

and sanchit tiwari got quite a lot of insults on distortionnaire ... which was obvious considering the vague introductions he was giving to the songs and screwing up the majority..example.."next song was written by roger waters..'wish you were here' by incubus.." jeez.

manu...u didn't show up for it did u?

5:50 pm, March 22, 2005  
Blogger Tipsy Topsy said...

did you survive the 24 hours?

11:58 am, March 23, 2005  
Blogger Manu Saxena said...

Funny! Sanchit Tiwari is the guy who lives here at AIIMS.
But why is he called TT? And why is there such a big deal about him pursuing higher education, or Advanced Graduate Research, as you call it.

1:21 pm, March 23, 2005  
Blogger Aseem said...

take a wild guess...

2:00 pm, March 23, 2005  
Blogger The Reader said...

Things I do for my juniors !

Facts -

Sanchit Tiwari is a student of IV year, Textile Technology.
So, in this context, TT is an abbreviation for Textile Tiwari. Spiced with bits and pieces of the vernacular, of course.

Now you know :)

2:03 pm, March 23, 2005  
Blogger Manu Saxena said...

Wowbagger, thank you for doing the things that you do for your juniors.

Aseem, no I could not make it to Distortionnaire. Would have loved to, but had a cousin's engagement to attend.

Tipsy Topsy (henceforth known on this blog as 'The Original TT'), I managed to, surprisingly.

2:39 pm, March 23, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home