Monday, March 28, 2005

Crunk like puppet-pals

All of you who watch Dexter's Laboratory on Cartoon Network would know what I am talking about. To the others, I must explain the title.

Dexter's Laboratory is a cartoon show that is shown on Cartoon Network quite frequently. Daily, in fact. It is a cartoon show involving a very short boy called Dexter, who is very intelligent and has a super-cool lab in his basement, and his extremely annoying sister DeeDee, who is very tall and has a total vocabulary of two, rather similar sounding, words, them being, "Ooooh!!!", and ,"Eeewww." It is a half-hour long show, and usually contains three short cartoons, interspersed with commercial breaks. On some days, instead of three Dexter cartoons, the guys back at Cartoon Network show two Dexter cartoons, and one cartoon called 'The Justice-Friends', which is basically a cartoon about these three dudes who are the super-hero types. There is a guy who is always dressed in the US national flag, and looks like a pigeon. There is another guy who has long blond hair, and fights with his guitar. And then there is Crunk.

Crunk is characterized by his brute force, his purple skin, his almost-as-limited-as-DeeDee vocabulary, and his immense liking for a TV show called Puppet-Pals, which is basically a show containing two hand-puppets randomly bonking each other on the head for no apparent reason. Crunk does not usually wear anything other than a pair of green shorts (he would look, in fact, exactly like 'The Incredible Hulk', if you just exchange the skin and short colours), and probably the only line he says on the show is, "Crunk like puppet-pals." As I was watching the show on TV today, I realized how much I am like Crunk. I have a one-track mind. I lack the mental faculties required to work out complex stuff, and I am strong in my likes and dislikes. All I need to do is gain a few hundred kilograms, paint myself NorthWestern Purple, and manage to procure a pair of green shorts that I can walk around in.

Talking about strong dislikes, as I was telling a fellow IITian at college today, I absolutely detest it when people a) Use poor punctuation and grammar while writing English, and b) Skip pages in a book while reading it. It might not seem such a big deal to most people, but I hate it when people meddle around with spellings, punctuation marks, and grammar. You might keep telling me to get a life, think rationally, and stop fussing over such insignificant things, but I will always continue to act like I do. I am a stickler for proper punctuation and grammar, and I get extremely upset when I see writing that does not adhere to the fundamental laws of the language. That's just the way I am, and there's nothing any of you can do about it.

Moving on, college started today after a long (four-day long) break. It was nice going to college after such a long time, and it was good to see people I hadn't seen for quite some time, especially some of the seniors, who I couldn't see much of during the minors. I was very enthusiastic about going to college in the morning. My enthusiasm, however, quickly wore off, and tomorrow onwards, it will once again be a lethargic and indifferent Manu who will be going to college at 8:00 in the morning.

In extremely interesting news, Mr. Karan Misra, also known as Uncleji, has, from somewhere, suddenly come up with the idea that he is better than me at Badminton. Nothing wrong with that, of course, except for the fact that he isn't. He is making rather absurd claims on his blog, and is generally acting like the big nuisance that he is. I tolerated a few of his initial mumblings on this matter, but things went a bit out of hand today, when he actually had the courage to claim that he is better skilled at the game than I am, and in as many words. He then went ahead and posted meaningless data on his blog to support his ridiculous claims. So what have I done to protect my honour and dignity, you might ask. Like any self respecting person would have done, I have asked him to prove his claims. In other words, I have challenged him to a best of 5 Badminton games series. It is entirely up to him to accept or decline the challenge. He would be wise not to accept it. But you never know with Uncleji. The matches, if they happen, will take place sometime this weekend. You, my dear readers, will obviously be kept informed.

May the best man win.

14 Comments:

Blogger Aseem said...

HOW .. can u feel enthusiastic about coming to college at 8 in the f***** morning after 4 BRILLIANT days off?

Kindly enlighten me.I really need it.

12:08 pm, March 29, 2005  
Blogger Manu Saxena said...

I felt enthusiastic because I thought, very hopefully, that during my 4 days off, things at IIT would have changed for the better. I, however, was wrong. Very wrong.

It was, however, nice to see some of my friends and acquaintances after a long time.

1:20 pm, March 29, 2005  
Blogger Smita said...

need i comment? Loved it! I think its one of ur best!

7:24 pm, March 29, 2005  
Blogger Manu Saxena said...

Thank you, Smita.

7:58 pm, March 29, 2005  
Blogger Tipsy Topsy said...

I am afraid of commiting an error while posting a comment. I shall remain silent.

All the best for the matches. (Managed this without an error, didn't I?)

11:13 am, March 30, 2005  
Blogger quagmire said...

Just read your ancient post on your profs of first semester. Bloody hilarious! Especially the one about DB.He's the only prof I've heard calling a guy ( a student, not an atom...) a stupid asshole in class for not answering a question. You were lucky vis a vis the Huheey's Book. We spent the semester searching for a "Queeez book", thats what DB pronounced it as.

11:27 am, March 30, 2005  
Blogger Manu Saxena said...

TT, you needn't be afraid. Your comments are usually grammatically correct, and very rarely have I noticed any spelling or punctuation errors in them. That comment was, as always, without errors.

You, Rohan, on the other hand, need to do a lot of work on your grammar and punctuation. From your previous comment, I can make out that you have improved a lot over the past few days, but the comment still leaves a lot to be desired. Try not to space incorrectly. Remember, incorrect usage of conjunctions never did anyone any good. And please don't use double quotation marks where single ones would be more appropriate.
I'm glad you liked the post.

1:02 pm, March 30, 2005  
Blogger Aseem said...

Hahaha...
Rohan..only one word comes to my mind right now...

KELA.!!!!

(Manu, don't go analysing my punctuation..i got 66 in English, and to be quite honest, i really couldn't care less for it.)

5:10 pm, March 30, 2005  
Blogger Manu Saxena said...

I wouldn't say much about the punctuation. All I'm going to say is that you should care.

6:31 pm, March 30, 2005  
Blogger The Reader said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

6:52 am, March 31, 2005  
Blogger The Reader said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

6:52 am, March 31, 2005  
Blogger The Reader said...

I will comment on it, simply beacause - no one has done this so far.
The other two people are Major Glory and Val Halen.

7:24 am, March 31, 2005  
Blogger Manu Saxena said...

Thank you, Wowbagger, for that enlightening comment.

4:05 pm, March 31, 2005  
Blogger Manu Saxena said...

This one's just so there aren't 13 comments.

4:08 pm, March 31, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home