Friday, March 25, 2005

Test Results

I am bored. Therefore, I am now going to bore you. If you don't want to be bored, just skip to the last paragraph. If you do, then don't. This is probably going to be my most boring entry yet. And by a large margin too. Don't tell me I didn't warn you.

Here are the full results to the online test I took on the day the minors ended. A friend of mine insists that taking this test on the day the minors ended makes me weird, while the fact that he took them one day after the minors ended does not make him weird. I have weird friends.

Congratulations!
You are a Wizard.

Character Stats:
Rogue (12)
Warrior (9)
Wizard (22)
Paladin (5)

Your Profile:
You're intelligent, educated, and just a bit superior to everyone you know. If you're still in school, you probably make A's, if you're not too bored to waste the effort. If you work, your annoying boss relies on you to solve the problems no one else can figure out. You've never met a puzzle you can't solve. When it comes to leisure, you'd rather read, play a strategy game, or surf the 'Net than run around getting sweaty. You're a brainiac, and you're not ashamed to admit it.
Above all, you're a mastermind and a great thinker. You see the unknown as territory to be conquered, and the mysterious as something to be systematically unraveled. You don't have time for fools; you only spend your time with people who can comprehend your obfuscatory convolutions. You enjoy amassing knowledge, both useful and trivial.

Your Mission:
You were put on this earth to enlighten people. They will listen to you, because they are impressed by your vocabulary, your erudition, and your ability to grasp concepts that invariably elude them. You are the one who has to figure things out, because let's face it - you're the only one smart enough.
Your mission, should you choose to accept it, is to Discover Something. Something small, or something big. Find an unknown insect in your own backyard. Discover a cure for sunburn. Develop a faster way to get the dishes done. Calculate the number of molecules in the Andromeda galaxy. Discover a comet. Discover SOMETHING.
And do make it a priority. The Famous Adventurer of Silmaria has a crystal ball trained on you, and will be noting your progress.

A Warning:
Try to remember: you're not infallible. If people around you are all nodding and smiling, it may just be because they don't have the faintest idea what you're talking about. Check your facts and admit the possibility that even you can make mistakes. Loosen up. Make friends with a Rogue and have him or her try to poke holes in your theories. Who knows; you might actually have fun.
On another note - making plans and formulating theories can be quite stimulating, but at some point, you are going to have to actually DO something. Employ a Warrior, if necessary, to put your brilliant schemes into action. Just be sure your instruction manual is written in very small words.

Find your own inner hero.

They also gave me a neat little blue picture that was shaped like a shield and said that I was a wizard, which I am too lazy to post right now. So you'll just have to do without it.

In other news, I have been playing a lot of Badminton since the minors ended. I usually play with Karan, since he is almost always free and almost always loses, but these days, there seems to be no dearth of people to play with. Badminton, especially here at AIIMS, is suddenly the 'in' sport, and lots of people turn up every evening to play. I played close to 3 hours today, without pause, and my legs hurt so much I can't even get out of bed. I also think I have pulled a muscle in my right arm. My legs hurt so bad, I am not even using my desktop to post this entry. I am using my mother's lap-top instead, which she has thankfully not taken with her to Canada, so that I can post without getting out of bed. I went with Karan at about 5:30, so that we could beat the rush, and manage to sneak in a couple of singles' games before the crowd turned up (it usually turns up at about 6:00). Once the crowd turned up, we had to play doubles. Karan, intelligent guy that he is, left after a couple of games, but I stayed on for a much longer time, and now I am regretting that decision. I just hope I get okay in time to go to play again tomorrow.

I must now leave because I have to write two Physics experiments and make a poster on the manufacture of cupboard handles. But before I go, a very happy and fun-filled Holi to all of you.

8 Comments:

Blogger Aseem said...

thanks for reminding me about the mel poster...

7:57 pm, March 25, 2005  
Blogger Manu Saxena said...

Anytime dude. Anytime.

8:01 pm, March 25, 2005  
Blogger Aseem said...

woo....that was quick...4 mins to be precise...
btw....r u on msn?

8:29 pm, March 25, 2005  
Blogger Manu Saxena said...

Yep. I am.

9:25 pm, March 25, 2005  
Blogger Karan said...

You of course conveniently forget to mention that I did against you yesterday, which is the day you were talking about in this entry; so there, I have inconveniently reminded you. Also, thanks to Bhatti on my side, you lost in the doubles too!

Maybe it's the testosterone at work.

Look for the Princely entry soon.

6:58 am, March 26, 2005  
Blogger The Reader said...

It pays to read instructions :)

11:42 am, March 26, 2005  
Blogger Manu Saxena said...

Karan, that was probably the second or the third game you have won against me in the two to three years we've been playing together. However, I admit, you did play very well in the singles' games yesterday. I think playing with me is doing a great deal of good to your badminton skills. As for the doubles' game, you played pathetically. You won just because of Bhatti.

Wowbagger, I totally agree. As long as they don't cause too much of inconvenience.

6:31 pm, March 26, 2005  
Blogger Manu Saxena said...

Which they, in this case, didn't.

6:34 pm, March 26, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home